Welcome to my website
I am a painter and calligrapher who has been working in watercolor since 2006. I enjoy painting both natural and man-made subjects, from birds, plants and landscapes to rusty metal and industrial junk, positioned on the surface in a way to draw the viewer into the painting. It is my hope that painting my reactions to what is around me will allow others to see things they might never have noticed before and will evoke an emotional response in the viewer. My paintings are personal interpretations of what I observe around me.
Recently I have focused on birds as one subject matter of my art. Their actions and antics always delight and inspire me to capture them with brush and paint. Although they act on instinct, somehow they seem almost human in their behavior. I view them as symbols of hope and constancy in a rather daunting and uncertain world.
- BFA in Art Ed and Painting, 1973, Hartford Art School of the University of Hartford
- Taught Elementary Art in the North Branford, CT School System
- Graduate studies at Southern CT State University
- Studied calligraphy and watercolor painting at Creative Arts Workshop, New Haven, CT
- Taught for North Haven Adult Ed, Amity Adult Ed, Guilford Handcraft Center and Branford Summer Studies children's art program
- Studied calligraphy with Arthur Baker, Philip Bouwsma, Pamela LaRegina, Gottfried Pott, Carl Rohrs and numerous others
- Worked as a freelance calligrapher doing business as Goosefeather Graphics
- Designed over 50 greeting cards for the former Recycled Paper Products Card Company
- Exhibits throughout Connecticut
- Member of the Hamden (CT) Art League, Arts Council of Greater New Haven, Connecticut Watercolor Society, New Haven Paint & Clay Club, Guilford (CT) Art League
All artwork on this website Copyright 2009-2016 Sharon Rowley Morgio